Welcome to PAALH Youth! PAALH recognizes the importance of youth and promotes programs especially for our members 18 years of age and under. Youth memberships are available for $20 per year - you do not have to own an Andalusian/Lusitano horse to be a youth member with PAALH!
2016 PAALH CANADIAN NATIONAL ANDALUSIAN & LUSITANO SHOW YOUTH SCHOLARSHIP
PAALH will award a scholarship of a $500 credit in show fees to be used at the 2016 Canadian National Andalusian & Lusitano Show. Any current year youth member of PAALH in good standing can apply. Applications will be evaluated on meeting the eligibility criteria, current scholastic achievement, and the merit of the required short essay.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE JUNE 30, 2016 - CLICK HERE FOR THE APPLICATION PACKAGE
Send completed applications and all other required information to: email@example.com
or to PAALH Youth Scholarship, 1594 Barkerville Highway, Quesnel, BC, V2J 6T3
2013 Winner was Sara Ebl of Condor, Alberta.
2014 Winner was Sara Ebl of Condor, Alberta.
2015 Winner was Sara Ebl of Condor, Alberta.
2016 Winner was Violette Raimondi of Calgary, Alberta.
YOUTH PHOTO/ART CONTEST
Youth Members have their own photo/art contest! For those of you who love to capture Iberian horses in photos or in your artwork, please submit your best work for a chance to not only win a great prize but to also have your photo or photos of your artwork published in the Pen PAALHs newsletter, and on the PAALH website! Closing date for the contest is September 30th, 2016. Submit entries to firstname.lastname@example.org or to PAALH Photo/Art Contest, 1594 Barkerville Highway, Quesnel, BC, V2J 6T3
PAALH YOUTH 2016 CANADIAN NATIONAL SHOW STALL DECORATING CONTEST
Join in on the fun! Prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place entries!
This contest is sponsored by Keilen Ranch
1. All contestants must be current year youth members of PAALH.
2. Stalls must be ready to be judged by Saturday, August 13th at noon
3. Stall decorations cannot include any electronic devices or require electricity to function. In addition, no part of the decorations may extend from the edge of the stall into the alleyway or past the ends of the aisles.
4. NO PERMANENT DAMAGE TO BARNS OR FACILITY PERMITTED (NO NAILS, LIQUID NAILS, ETC, ARE TO BE PLACED ON ANY STALLS TO HOLD UP DECORATIONS). NO DECORATIONS MAY BE PLACED OUTSIDE OF BARNS.
5. Contestants may use curtains, however, they may not be of a commercial nature that represents an individual, farm, ranch, business, or stable.
The winner will be announced Saturday, August 13th, 2016
To enter, send your name, age, and contact information to email@example.com
Contest entry deadline is June 30th, 2016.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
History of the Andalusian and Lusitano http://paalh.com/al.htm
Interactive Horse Farm Safety Website http://www.equimania.ca/DD_online/onfarm.html
Amazing Website For Learning Everything About Horses http://www2.ovc.uoguelph.ca/equimania/index.asp
Good Sportsmanship http://kidshealth.org/kid/feeling/emotion/good_sport.html
Equine Science 4 Kids http://www.esc.rutgers.edu/kids/index.html
Digital Oats http://www.digital-oats.com
Canadian Horse Journals Kids Section http://www.horsejournals.com/popular/horsecrazy-kids-section